[Rose-public] unresolved externals linking librose

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Sun Sep 22 20:39:29 PDT 2013

I seem to have gotten close to a working Rose build with the master 4.x branch.  I had to use a little black magic to provide a an EDG binary by the name the build system wanted, because I'm using gcc 4.6.3.  Everything seems to compile, but there are a few unresolved references at link time, see below.

Strictly at a guess, from the names it looks like these should be provided by SAGE.  I see, for example, buildTypedefDeclaration_nfi declared on line 751 of sageBuilder.h, but I don't see an implementation anywhere.  Where should it be supplied?

Many thanks for any pointers.

--jkl

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/jklowden/projects/3rd/rose/master/work/src'
  COMPILE dummyCppFileForLibrose.lo
  LINK    librose.la
  COMPILE testRoseLib.o
  LINK    testSharedRoseLib
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SageBuilder::buildTypedefDeclaration_nfi(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, SgType*, SgScopeStatement*)'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgNamespaceDefinitionStatement::set_previousNamepaceDefinition(SgNamespaceDefinitionStatement*)'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SageBuilder::buildNondefiningTemplateMemberFunctionDeclaration(SgName const&, SgType*, SgFunctionParameterList*, SgScopeStatement*, SgExprListExp*, unsigned int)'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgNamespaceDefinitionStatement::set_nextNamepaceDefinition(SgNamespaceDefinitionStatement*)'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgScopeStatement::lookup_template_member_function_symbol(SgName const&, SgType const*) const'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgTypeModifier::set_gnu_attribute_alignment(unsigned long)'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgScopeStatement::lookup_symbol(SgName const&) const'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgScopeStatement::lookup_class_symbol(SgName const&) const'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgNamespaceDefinitionStatement::get_nextNamepaceDefinition() const'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgScopeStatement::lookup_template_function_symbol(SgName const&, SgType const*) const'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SgFunctionSymbol* SgSymbolTable::find_symbol_by_type_of_function<SgTemplateMemberFunctionDeclaration>(SgName const&, SgType const*)'
../src/.libs/librose.so: undefined reference to `SageBuilder::buildNondefiningTemplateFunctionDeclaration(SgName const&, SgType*, SgFunctionParameterList*, SgScopeStatement*, SgExprListExp*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status